MAINE STATE LEGISLATURE
SENATE REPUBLICAN OFFICE
The Maine Legislature’s Senate Republican Office is seeking applicants for a COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR. This is full-time, year-round partisan position working with the Senate Republican Caucus.
The ideal candidate has a college degree and preferably five years of relevant experience; has strong knowledge of the political and media environment in Maine; has appropriate technical expertise and knowledge; is a collaborative problem-solver; possesses exceptional interpersonal and English language skills; and is able to work evenings and/or weekends depending on legislative or operational needs.
Examples of Duties
• Develop and manage communications strategy for the Senate Republican Caucus
• Prepare caucus members for media interviews
• Plan and execute special events, including press conferences, to promote the caucus message and policy priorities
• Draft speeches, press releases, fact sheets, columns, letters-to-the-editor, talking points and background materials on legislation and policy priorities
• Create and manage website content and social media efforts on behalf of individual members and the Senate Republican Caucus
• Bachelor’s degree and preferably five years of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced knowledge of the legislative process and associated technical language.
• Strong working knowledge of the political and media environment in Maine.
• Exceptional interpersonal and language skills.
• Ability to communicate, coordinate and work effectively with the public, members of the legislature, legislative staff and executive branch.
• Advanced computer skills
• Experience with digital media content creation and ability to master new programs and software
• Ability to work in a highly challenging, complex and fast-paced environment.
The Maine State Legislature offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The position will close once a suitable candidate has been found. Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Heather Priest, Chief of Staff, at email@example.com.