A Government Maine Can Afford
Welcome to the Senate Republican website for the 130th Legislature! We are committed to keeping the people of Maine informed of our activities in the State Senate as we fight for commonsense solutions for Maine’s future. Our senators come from the ranks of business, education, forestry, law enforcement and other fields. But they share a common goal in serving the people of Maine. The Senate Republicans have made it a priority to restore spending and borrowing accountability to the Legislature, to make Maine a more affordable place to live and work and to strengthen your communities through rational policy making. This was true when they were sworn in on December 2, 2020, and these same priorities will remain throughout the 130th Legislature.
We are also committed to providing you with up-to-date news and information that relates to the Senate Republican caucus, the Maine Senate and the citizens of our great State, and we look forward to working for the changes you deserve.
If you would like to connect with your senator, please use the contact information provided on the Maine Legislature’s homepage. There are also tips about how to follow the progress of bills, register your vehicle, and other useful information.
- There a lot to unpack with the rise in Maine’s electricity rates
- Senate Republican Caucus elects new leadership
- For GOC and the Legislature, the work will go on
- The drop in reading and math scores should serve as a wakeup call
- Should we just call this case Frey vs. Frey?
- Maine legislative committee votes to sue DHHS to enforce its subpoena
- In the case of Seafood Watch, facts apparently don’t matter
- Let’s find the smarter solutions when it comes to renewable energy
- As one mill closes, another is intentionally left in limbo
- Keep safety in mind this winter
- It’s not about politics. It’s about our system of checks and balances
- Maine legislative committee votes to subpoena DHHS records
- Senate Republicans issue statement regarding the announcement of the Pixelle mill in Jay
- Protecting our seniors should always be a priority
- If you see the signs, don’t hesitate